Happy New Year y'all!! 2017 is here and I couldn't be happier. 2016 was a tough one! It was my husband and I's first year of marriage and we both lost our jobs due to the downturn in the oil industrie. It was very difficult but we were lucky to have each other to get through and we both have new jobs now!! Thank God!! The thing that trumped it all was losing one of my biggest supporters and a second mother "my grandmother" we lost her quickly to cancer. It was shocking and hard to grasp as any death is of a loved one. It was hardest to see my mom struggle with her loss. She taught me how to be a lady and lived her life with such love and grace. I am truly blessed to of had the relationship we did. I cherish the traditions and values she has instilled in me forever. I will miss my favorite shopping partner, happy hour date and most of all her wisdom. I love you Barbie girl. In loving memory of: Barbara Aiken
Moving on to a positive note, 2017 goals! I'm trying not to be cliche with all the tipical New Years resolutions so here it goes!
1. Get more SLEEP! I have a tendency to get home from work and restart my day. I'll try and run errands, make dinner and clean. Then relax with wine and a movie then before I know it it's midnight.
2. SAVE a certain amount of money from each pay check. This last year was hard to save with loss of jobs, wedding stuff and the holidays. I have been super bad about buying things that I really don't need! Online shopping has gotten me into some trouble!!
3. Live a HEALTHIER lifestyle! Not nessicerally dieting but I literally havent worked out since our wedding July 2015!! Yikes! I plan to walk/run with Carter our dog at least every other day. I also plan to join Define which is a combo of barre, cycling and yoga classes here in Houston. I have done it before and loved it! Also, if I'm paying for it it's more of an incentive to GO!!
4. Be a better WIFE!! Not that I'm a bad one lol but I would like to be more supportive and I could probably cook more! I would like for us to go to church more and really be a good listener when he needs to talk. It's not always about who's right or wrong and more about being a team!
5. Lastly, one of my goals is to be accepted to LikeToKnowIt! I'm sure if your in the blogging world you know exactly what I'm talking about! Hopefully I will achieve that goal by the end of the year! I would love to grow within my blog and make it so that people are inspired by my style!
Happy New Year All! Make the best of it and hope it brings each and everyone of you happiness! Xo